The Kingdom of Nepal
Through the eyes of Himalayan Travel and tours...
Nepal is abound with tourist activities all year round. There is something happening at any given time. Here are just a few glowing samples.
- There's bungee jumping taking place from a high bridge in a deep gorge above the Bhote Koshi River up Northern of Kathmandu.
- A group of strong and agile white water rafters are negotiating the challenging rapids and tricky bends of the emerald trishuli river.
- Most of the afternoons rafters, kayak-riders are bound for the sandy beaches of the aquamarine Narayani River from where they will begin the jungle safari sojourn in the world-acclaimed Royal Chitwan national park.
- Flocks of trekkers are enjoying the cool mountain breeze and magnificent views in the hills and canyons of langtang in the north of kathmandu, or solu khumbu and Lukla in the Everest region, Khumjung area in the east or Annapurna Sanctuary above and beyond Pokhara in West Nepal.
- There are mountaineering expeditions reaching to scale the summits of some of the highest mountains in the world. Annapurna I , II, III, IV and Annapurna South in the mid west. Dhaulagiri in the far west. The trails and rocks to Makalu, Manasalu, Amadablam and other tall peaks already have trains of climbers and their expeditions. Mount Everest (Sagarmatha) being the tallest mountains in the world with its height of 8850 meters. To reach the summit is every mountaineers dream and ambition.
- Many airlines in Kathmandu and Pokhara have just disembarked their passengers after giving them a majestic mountain flight in the morning. The flyers have all experienced spectacular and unforgettable close encounters with Mount Everest, Lhotse, Pumori and many of the tallest mountains in the world.
- Groups of travelers are on busses bound on a scenic drive along the prithivi highway to the "lake District" of Pokhara.
- Pious pilgrims are flying to Lumbini , the hallowed birthplace of Lard Buddha in the southern Terai plains, while other devotees from afar are n the temple of Pashupatinath, the Buddhist pilgrimage shrines Swayambhu and Boudha, Dakshinkali and other "female –deity power" places of the kathmandu valley are also equally important to the devotees.
- The hill resort of Nagarkot , Dhulikhel, Hattiban and kakani are jammed with sunrise and sunset viewing visitors , most of them on an overnight visit enjoyng the calm of rural Nepal and the majestic views of the unfolding Himalayan panorama.
- Gambling aficionados are ringing the Black Jack and Roulette tables of many casinos of Kathmandu which are open for business and revelry 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Culture affficionados are visiting the heritage places of the Kathmandu valley – the Durbar (palace) squares of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan and other ancient niches.
- The monasteries and meditation centers of Swayambhu, Boudhanath,Kappan and Pharping have visitors from afar in quest of spiritual enlightenment and ultimate Nirvana.
- Golf enthusiasts are teeing on the links and greens of Kathmandu's excellent golf clubs. Others will be swinging their clubs in the golf courses of Pokhara beneath the splendor of snow-capped mountains.
We are at Himalayan Travel and Tours invite you all there activities because we have been promoting these product and attractions since 1968. Many of these highlights did not exist when we first began service some 40 years ago but since then the travel industry of Nepal has been developing dynamically over the years. And to savor a delightful vacation in our Kingdom, we welcome you to experience our unique itineraries, many that we have originally developed.
Very few destinations in the world can match Nepal in the varieties of adventure tourism, be it mountaineering, trekking , mountain biking, nature tours, culture tours. Pilgrim tour, white water rafting, kayaking, canoeing, mountain flights, trekking, jungle safaris, bird watching, fishing hang-gliding, and bungee jumping. The list is perhaps never ending! In addition, there are several special interests; there are several special interest tours such as orchid tours, culture treks, and honey hunting explorations, village and rural tours and many more that take place in Nepal throughout the year.